Barrell Craft Spirits announced the annual release of Barrell New Year, a blend of bourbons distilled in eight different states. This blend is unique each year, offering a new taste experience that reflects the diversity of American whiskey. The 2024 edition includes bourbons aged up to 15 years, providing a depth of flavor that is both sophisticated and festive.
The 2024 edition of New Year Bourbon contains the largest selection of states and bourbons in a single release this year, in fact. This release of Barrell New Year includes bourbon from Kentucky (8 years old); Indiana (5, 6, & 9 years old); Tennessee (8 & 15 years old); Wyoming (11 years old); New York (5 years old); Texas (5 years old); Ohio (5 years old), and Maryland (5 & 6 years old).
Barrell Bourbon New Year 2024 is presented at cask strength with an alcohol content of 56.5% ABV (113 Proof), offering a robust and unadulterated tasting experience. The packaging likely celebrates the New Year with festive and elegant design elements.
In 2017, Barrell released its inaugural New Year Bourbon, driven by the idea of blending a bourbon to celebrate the New Year while setting out to develop something to capture the spirit of the season. Up to that point, every Barrell release had been a marriage of casks produced in the same distillation season. The inaugural release was the first time the brand blended barrels of different ages with different mashbills from different states. New Year Bourbon has gradually become an annual release.
The derived mashbill consists of 72% Corn, 22% Rye, 5% Malted Barley and 1% Wheat. The Barrell Bourbon New Year 2024 is available for $84.99 on barcart.barrellbourbon.com.
About New Year Bourbon 2024
Every autumn, the team at Barrell Craft Spirits creates a special blend of bourbons to toast the coming year. New Year Bourbon 2024 is what Barrell considers “a tribute to the fresh possibilities and sense of optimism that every new year brings.”
The 2024 edition of New Year Bourbon contains the largest selection of states and bourbons in a single release that Barrell created this year and celebrates some of the most exciting bourbon being distilled across the US. New Year 2024 is bright and rich on the nose with a bouquet of fresh and baked fruit followed by syrupy desserts. On the palate, the freshness evolves to a silky concentration of baked goods and dark chocolate. A touch of water enhances the cinnamon, creating notes of snickerdoodle and stroopwafel along with caramelized fruit.
Barrell Bourbon New Year 2024 Release Notes
- APPEARANCE: Saffron yellow.
- NOSE: Opens with a richness and brightness. Fresh and baked apples, lemon, stewed peaches, and amarena cherries appear first, followed by caramel, chocolate covered espresso beans, ganache, and lemon vanilla cream.
- PALATE: Silky, with notes of cherry, cinnamon doughnuts, apple cider, vanilla, and cardamom. The sweetness of baked goods lends a clear weight to the palate with caramel apples, honeycomb, and baked peaches. This is rounded out by a touch of toasted coriander and dark chocolate.
- FINISH: Lemon cream, cinnamon, apple cider.
- WITH A SPLASH OF SPRING WATER: Snickerdoodle, Stroopwafel, baked apples, grilled peaches, dark chocolate
- Kentucky Bourbon: 8 years old
- Indiana Bourbon: 5, 6, & 9 years old Tennessee Bourbon: 8 & 15 years old
- Wyoming Bourbon: 11 years old
- New York Bourbon: 5 years old
- Texas Bourbon: 5 years old
- Ohio Bourbon: 5 years old
- Maryland Bourbon: 5 & 6 years old
- Corn: 72%
- Rye: 22%
- Malted Barley: 5%
- Wheat: 1%